Soft Donuts with SaBroso Cocoa Nibs
by Chef Heart Cadiente
1 cup fresh whole milk
- 1 tablespoon instant dry yeast
- 1 piece whole egg
- ¼ cup unsalted butter, melted
- ¼ cup white sugar
- 3 ¼ - 3 ½ cups All Purpose Flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup white chocolate
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ½ cup, Sabroso Cocoa nibs, for topping
- Dissolve yeast in half of the fresh milk. Set aside to bloom yeast.
- Once the yeast blooms, in a mixer bowl, pour in the remaining milk, egg, butter, sugar and bloomed yeast. Mix util combined.
- Add in all-purpose flour
- Knead using a mixer fitted with a dough hook attachment for 15-20 minutes, or knead by hand for about 20-30 minutes.
- Once dough is smooth and elastic, form into a ball. Place in a greased bowl and cover with cheesecloth.
- Let it rest until it doubles in size for about 20-30 minutes.
- Punch down dough to remove air pockets. Portion dough around 40-45g per piece then form into balls.
- Flatten a piece of dough then cut a hole in the middle using a small round cookie cutter or piping tip.
- Let donuts rest until it doubles in size.
- For the ganache, heat up heavy cream, then melt in white chocolate.Mix until smooth. Set aside.
- Once donuts are rise, fry dough in preheated oil, until lightly brown on both sides.
- Once slightly cool, dip on side of the donuts in prepared white chocolate ganache.
- Sprinkle top with cocoa nibs. Serve fresh.
Yield: 18-20 pieces
Prep time: 1 hour
Cook time: 15 minutes